Starfield has plenty of companions to choose from, ranging from characters with backstories and personal quests to the random mercenary you can find in bars all over the settled systems. Each one has around 2-4, with the vast majority with 3-4 skills, offering them a reason to join your crew. You can also kindly donate weapons to them so they get better weapons as you level up so they can deal even more damage with their skillset. Here’s a closer look at the best companion weapons in Starfield, featuring their skills and suggestions.
Best Companion Weapons in Starfield
Before we go into any more detail, the table bow contains a list of companions with notable weapon skills. Considering these are likely the companions you want as active companions to give weapons too, then we’ll feature them. If you happen to use any other companion as an active companion, then you can freely give them whatever really good weapon you don’t want to use that is spare. The other companions you can hire are also typically related to Outpost or ship
|Companion||Weapon Skill||Suggested Weapon(s)|
|Lin||(1)||Any spare grenade or throwable mine you can find, perhaps even an Ashta Tamer from The Nest mission with .|
|(1), (2)||(both a particle weapon and a shotgun)|
|Marika Boros||(2), (1)||Rapidfire, , Brute Force (Red Mile)|
|(2)||Sniper rifles, or non-auto shotguns|
|(3)||, , , ,|
|Simon Bankowski||(1), (2), (1)||, , ,|
You can unlock all of these companions by doing the following:
- Andredja: Unlocked around 25% of the way through the main story when you’re hunting for artifact leads from
- Lin: Unlocked after you return to the mining rock you started the game on as part of the early main storyline.
- : Located outside of Bar in The Stretch, which you can find if you keep going left from the Rock’s entrance. He costs 12,000 credits.
- Marika Boros: Unlocked via the Viewport in for 13,500 credits
- : Free minor companion you can get from Broken Spear Pub in .
- : Main Story after missions
- Sarah Morgan: The first active companion you can get from Constellation main story missions
- Simeon Bankowski: Pick up at the Viewport in New Atlantis, (next to the shit landing spot) for 15,000 credits.
- Best Starfield Weapons
- Starfield planet traits
- Starfield outpost guide
- Starfield best background
- Starfield lung damage
- Starfield grav jump
- Starfield unique weapons
- Best background Starfield
- Starfield sniper rifle
- Starfield best traits
- Starfield deep cover
- Starfield best planet for outpost
- Starfield clear bounty