For the space criminals out there in Starfield, you may have noticed a bounty system get placed on you, where there will be active police chases across planets, stars, and space. If you want to remove those bounties and wipe the slate clean, you can do so. In this guide, we’ll teach you how to get rid of your bounty in Starfield.
How To Clear Your Bounty in Starfield
To remove your bounty in Starfield, you need to find a machine called “Self-Service Bounty Clearance”. These are terminals you can interact with to wipe whatever bounty your character as, typically at a cost though. From our understanding, there’s typically at least one Self-Service Bounty Clearance in all the major cities in the game.
You can find them in all major cities, particularly in the city’s main bar area. Here are the bounty-clearing terminals we know of so far:
- , Villi Alpha. Go to the Madame Sauvage building, and you can find the terminal near the tables area next to a bounty machine.
- , Neon City: Like above, visit Neon, and instead of going to Savauge’s in Ebbside, visit Astral Lounge near the Trade Towers. You can find a bounty terminal in the bar too.
- , . Walk down the pathway into Cydonia, and find the bar called the Broken Spear, which is on the right as you get part way down the stairs.
- , Alpha Centauri: Visit the Viewport located in the spaceport part of the city. You can find the bounty removal service next to the mission terminal.
- , Cheyenna. Head to The Hitching Post, which is the wooden outdoor pub on the right near the Galbank as you enter the city from the Spaceport.
It is also worth mentioning that you need to remove your bounty in Starfield by visiting a star system where you don’t have a bounty. For example, if the bounty is placed on you via the UC, then you will need to head to Neon or City to remove it, as New Atlantis and Cydonia are UC-held territories.
If you do arrive in a star system you have bounty in, then the guards at the spaceport will likely stop you. You can choose to pay off the bounty that way, otherwise, if you get caught, then you will likely end up in fights with the guards.
How to Remove the Wanted Trait in Starfield
If you took the Trait in Starfield, then you can also remove that too. However, removing it at the terminals does not work. Instead, you can visit a , located in Cydonia along the pathway down leading to the trader hubs of Mars. Head into Cydonia from the spaceport, and walk down the stairs. Keep your eyes on the left as you walk down, and you can find a lady called Tracker’s Alliance Agent. Speak to her and you can talk to her about if there’s a dangerous bounty on you. For a fee, she can remove it for you.
And with that said, you now know how to get remove a bounty in Starfield.
- Can you join all factions in Starfield?
- Companion Romance Guide
- How to dock safely in Starfield
- Starfield Grav Jump Pending
- starfield planet traits
- starfield outpost guide
- starfield best background
- starfield lung damage
- starfield unique weapons
- best background starfield
- starfield sniper rifle
- starfield best traits
- starfield deep cover
- starfield best planet for outpost
- starfield clear bounty