If you’re doing the Main story quest in Starfield, and you are up to the Follow Distortion on the Scanner, then you’re in for a bit of a walking simulator experience. When you arrive on the planet, you’re tasked with looking for anomalies, which are often detected by odd scanner visuals. Here’s everything you need to know about how to solve the Follow Distortions on the Scanner in Starfield.
Follow Distortions on the Scanner: Objective Walkthrough in Starfield
When you arrive on , you must visit the objective, typically located on the paneer’s south pole. Click on the destination, load into the Proc Gen map, and then exit your ship. From there, equip your Scanner, and then look around. You are looking for one of two things:
- A visual distortion on your scanner’s circle, indicates an anomaly
- A POI called anomaly
Throughout each tile generation, you will get a few different anomalies, which are often within about 500-600 meters from where your ships lands; typically, around 6 in a circular formation are where your ship lands.
You’ll need to visit one of these anomalies and check for an entrance. You’ll know you’re at the right one when you see the anomaly is called Anomaly Temple ETA or some variation, depending on the game’s HUD updating correctly.
Saves that Gamer Guides have access to found that the Temple ETA was discovered around 500 meters either southeast of the ship’s landing spot, or a similar distance southwest instead. It feels like it is a safe bet to travel to one of the southern-facing anomalies and check them first. But, if neither of those gives you the Temple ETA, you’ll need to check the remaining ones.
Unfortunately, this quest can be a walking simulator and may take a short while to do, depending on how unlucky you are with discovering Temple ETA and moving on with the quest.
Inside Temple ETA Puzzle in Starfield
Once you find Temple ETA, you have a little puzzle to do.
- Head inside the temple, and then move inside the spinning rings of the temple in the middle. What you’ll find is it will then begin to spawn floating magical anomalies after you hovered inside it for a short moment, indicated by the sudden noise you hear.
- Simply gravitate into them, and look for where the next one spawns.
- Repeat this process until you get a prompt saying it is done.
- Once it’s done, the magical discs should be synchronized, and you can enter this strange portal-like object
- You’ll get your first power, which is an anti-gravity field.
- You can then complete the quest and return back to the Lodge.
And there you have it, you now know how to complete the Follow Distortions on the Scanner mission objective in Starfield, and how to find Temple ETA and solve its mini-game puzzle.
For more Starfield walkthroughs, feel free to check out our other guides: