Empty Bottles are very useful containers that can store anything from potions to fairies to plain old water.
To use a bottle, select them from the Adventurer Pouch then press the A button to drink/use them if they contain something or to scoop if they’re empty.
Where to Find
There are a total of five bottles that you can obtain in the game.
- A gift from Luv at the Potion Shop in the Bazaar, when you’re ready to leave for the surface world.
- Inside the chest in the Sealed Temple. Contains a Revitalizing Potion.
- From Parrow, at the Skyloft plaza, during the Missing Sister sidequest. Contains Mushroom Spores.
- Inside a chest in the Fire Sanctuary. Use the Mogma Mitts to dig near the second Bird Statue and unlock the gate. Then go around and defeat the Magmanos to drain the lava, revealing a path outside.
- Inside Goddess Chest 18, accessible after triggering the Song of the Hero quest.
What You Can Put Inside a Bottle
You can buy these from the Potion Shop in the Bazaar.
|Buy for 20 Rupees
|Restores 8 hearts
|Buy for 30 Rupees
|Restores 4 hearts and replenishes shield gauge
|Buy for 200 Rupees
|Halves damage received for 3 minutes
|Buy for 50 Rupees; available after 3rd dungeon
|Reduces stamina consumption for 3 minutes
|Buy for 20 Rupees; available after 1st silent realm
|Reduces air consumption when underwater for 3 minutes
|Upgrade a Heart Potion
|Restores all hearts
|Upgrade a Heart Potion+
|Restores all hearts; can be used twice
|Upgrade a Revitalizing Potion
|Restores 8 hearts and replenishes shield gauge
|Upgrade a Revitalizing Potion+
|Restores 8 hearts and replenishes shield gauge; can be used twice
|Upgrade a Guardian Potion
|Nullifies damage received for 3 minutes
|Upgrade a Stamina Potion
|Stops stamina consumption for 3 minutes
|Upgrade an Air Potion
|Stops air consumption when underwater for 3 minutes
|Buy from the Lumpy Pumpkin for 10 rupees
|Restores 8 hearts when hot or 4 hearts when cold
|Slash one of the big mushrooms in Faron Woods and then scoop up the spores
|Required for the Missing Sister sidequest
|Slash a sparkling mushroom in Faron Woods and scoop up the spores
|Stuns monsters, pacifies bugs, changes small hearts into fairies and randomly changes the color of rupees; can be used 5 times
|Scoop them with a Bottle or use a Bug Net
|Restores 6 hearts; automatically consumed if you reach 0 hearts
|Scoop with your Bottle wherever there’s water
|Use to put out flames
|Back of the Skyview Spring, where the fairies are
|Requested by the Water Dragon in Lake Floria