Modern Warfare 3 has announced the biggest camo grind to date. With the success of MW2’s four-tiered Camo mastery and completionism, Modern Warfare 3 is multiplying that structure by 3 to create a lengthy camo grind. Here is everything you need to know about the MW3 Camo Challenges & Progression Systems.
Modern Warfare 3 Camo Challenges & Progression Systems Explained
Modern Warfare 3’s Camo Challenges are getting a sizeable expansion compared to MW2. There will be 37 weapons at the game’s launch, with more to come. While that is smaller than MW2’s starting weapons locker, you instead have more challenges to come.
Each of these new weapons has eight sets of Completionist Mastery Camos. You will have eight base camos in total, four obtainable in Multiplayer and another four in Zombies. Once you get the base camos for each mode, you then begin to progress the completionist camos for each mode. The four for each mode are unique, meaning there are another eight possible completionist camos for each gun.
And, if you were looking into the MW2 weapons getting ported over to 3, then they too have another four Base Camos and four more Completionist Camos unlocked via the Zombie mode too. In total, that’s 12 new completionist camos to work through over 100 guns. The good news is that the grind to weapon mastery in multiplayer and Warzone won’t take as long. The bad news is that you’ll have to spend a hell of a lot of time in Zombies to get the remaining Camo Challenges in Modern Warfare 3.
In summary, you can expect the following MW3 Camo Challenges progression system to work as follows.
|Gilded Camo||MW3 Multiplayer||MW3 Weapons|
|Forged Camo||MW3 Multiplayer||MW3 Weapons|
|Priceless Camo||MW3 Multiplayer||MW3 Weapons|
|Interstellar Camo||MW3 Multiplayer||MW3 Weapons|
|Golden Enigma||MW3 Zombies||MW3 Weapons|
|Zircon Scale Camo||MW3 Zombies||MW3 Weapons|
|Serpentine Camo||MW3 Zombies||MW3 Weapons|
|Borealis Camo||MW3 Zombies||MW3 Weapons|
|Golden Ivory Camo||MW3 Zombies||MW2 Weapons|
|Spinel Husk Camo||MW3 Zombies||MW2 Weapons|
|Arachnida Camo||MW3 Zombies||MW2 Weapons|
|Bioluminescent Camo||MW3 Zombies||MW2 Weapons|
MW3 Multiplayer Camo Challenges & Progression
The MW3 Camo Challenge progression system will require the players to do a select number of tasks. These are very similar to the ones in Modern Warfare 2.
Base Camo Challenges
- Level up your weapons and unlock Camo Challenges at various levels. Complete the task - These are typically double kills, kill while crouched, headshots, long-distance kills, close kills, and the usual tasks found in MW2.
Each weapon will have four base camos; you must complete them before you can unlock the Gilded Camo challenge.
- It is tailored for each weapon, but you can expect to get three kills using the same magazine for the MCW as an example of what to expect.
- You must complete a set number of Gilded Camo Challenges in MW3 for each weapon category before the Forged opens up. These are around six for ARs and SMGS, three for Snipers, Shotguns, Battle Rifles, five for LMGS, four for Pistols and Marksman Rifles, two for Melee weapons and one Launcher.
- Once you complete enough Gilded Challenges, you unlock the Forged Camo Challenge. Each Forged camo is again tailored to each weapon, but the MCW example is getting three kills without dying ten times.
- Unlock 36 Forged Camo Challenges and complete them
- Once the Priceless Challenges are unlocked, you will find each gun is different again. Again, taking the MCW example, you will need to get five kills without dying ten times. Again, expect slightly harder challenges using the weapon to progress.
- Complete 36 Priceless Camo Challenges.
Once you have earned the 36 Priceless Camos, you will automatically unlock the Interstellar Camo for each weapon with that challenge reached. This sums up the Modern Warfare 3 Camo Progression System for Multiplayer, yet there are another eight more to go.
Modern Warfare 3 Zombie Camo Challenges and Progression System.
Like with the MW2 and MW3 Multiplayer, players will need to play the new Zombies game mode and experiment with various gun levels and challenges. You will find that the zombies game mode has four new base camos for MW3 weapons, alongside offering MW2 weapons, four new base camos and four new completionist camos too. So, that’s 400 new base camo challenges to grab, alongside another eight camo challenges for each game’s weapons. That’s around 1200 challenges coming your way to a zombie map near you! (Godspeed)
As mentioned in the table, the MW2 weapons have their own four camo challenges, with MW3 having slightly different aesthetics but similar vibes going on. The progressions system for Modern Warfare 3’s Zombie Camo Challenges is as follows:
Golden Ivory & Golden Enigma
- Complete the four new base camo challenges for any gun in Zombies mode to unlock Completionist Camo Challenges.
- If you use a MW3 Weapon, you’ll get the Golden Enigma Camo Challenge, with MW2 weapons getting Golden Ivory.
- Complete the required challenge to unlock the camo. Typically they require a certain amount of kill depending on the weapon and successfully extract.
Spinel Husk & Zircon Scale
- Complete the minimum Golden Enigma or Ivory Camo Challenges requirement in that particular weapon category.
- MW3 weapons get Zircon Scale, and MW2 weapons get Spinel Husk
- Both Camo Challenges require you to upgrade your weapon in the Pack-A-Punch and get the required number of kills. See each weapon for the total amount, as all weapons are slightly different, depending on their zombie-killing efficiency.
Arachnida & Serpentine
- Complete 36 Zircon Scale Camos to unlock Serpentine Camo Challenges and 51 Spinel Husks to unlock the Arachnida Camo Challenges.
- Both Camo Challenges will now require you to get several Elite or Special Zombie Kills. The amount once again varies on the killing efficiency of the elites and the difficulty you face using that weapon in Zombies.
Bioluminescent & Borealis
- Complete 36 Serpentine Camo Challenges for MW3 Weapons or 51 Arachnida Camo Challenges for MW2 Weapons
- Once you complete all the required challenges, you will auto-unlock Borealis for MW3 weapons with the preceding camo completed, and the Bioluminescent for the proceeding MW2 weapons.
This concludes the Modern Warfare 3 Camo Challenge Progression System. Players who want to play Multiplayer and get the camos will have an easier time, but for those embarking on the 100% completionist efforts, it’s time to sit down and slaughter Zombies and make the Call of Duty Hall of Fame!