Once you leave Thamasa, you’ll watch another cutscene. But you don’t have to go to the Floating Continent quite right now. Especially if you feel like using Strago in the future for his Lores, exploring some areas, and such.
If you do not want to do some more sidequesting, scroll down to the next overworld header. Otherwise, read on. We’ll start with some Lore huntin’! You’ll need Strago to do this, and using Relm’s Sketch and Gau’s Rages can makes these a bit easier. I’ll simply list the Lore, the monster needed, and the location:
– Dischord: The Satellite on the Veldt.
– Doom: Zombie Dragon on the Veldt.
– Lv. 3 Confuse: Like Lv. 4 Flare; Sketch the Trapper on the Veldt or use the Apocrypha on the Floating Continent Later.
– Lv. 4 Flare: Like Lv. 5 Death; from the Trapper on the Veldt, and you’ll need to Sketch it until it works, use Confuse, or try with the Apocrypha on the Floating Continent later.
– Lv. 5 Death: From the Trapper, found on the Veldt. Use Sketch on it until Lv. 5 Death is used.
– Roulette: The Onion Knight, found only on the Veldt now.
– Self-Destruct: Bombs or Grenades in the forest west of the Veldt; use Sketch if you have troubles.
– Transfusion: From the Intangir on the northeasternmost island. However, if Gau has the Intangir Rage, that’s sufficient (and preferable).
– Traveler: Unseelie, in the South Figaro region.
– White Wind: Venobennu, found in the Esper Caves. There’s only MP enough for one cast, so you’ll need Strago alive the first time around, or you’ll need to use an Ether on the Venobennu.
Next, fly your way over to Doma Castle - if it got un-occupied during the peace talks. Despite his betrayal, Gestahl has still left it open. Good enough. You can find it by heading northwest of the Veldt.