This chapter sees our three main characters finally come together, which means you’ll be switching between their stories throughout rather than playing them separately as you have been doing so far. Crossroads is a long level that heavily depends on choices made previously and effects the paths and dialogue options available to you.
In this section of the guide, we’ll be taking you through Connor’s story. You can find Kara’s part in the previous chapter, and Markus’ part in the chapter following.
Connor’s part in this chapter pretty much begins right away. Simply Follow Jericho Trail by matching the graffitti on your hand to the art on the wall.
IN THE SHIP
– Spot Kara
– Spot Alice
– Spot Explosives: Found in the middle of the room.
– Spot Traci: This only applies if you spared the Traci’s during ‘The Eden Club’.
– Magazine: On a crate in the middle of the room is the next magazine to collect.
Connor is searching for Markus, but eventually you will be Stopped by Lucy when you try to go up the stairs. She has something to say to Connor just before this scene switches back to Kara.
When we return to Connor again, he is close to Markus’ position. This next branch will be dictated by previous choices made throughout the game.
Captain’s Cabin - You’ll be on this path if Markus is still alive.
– Enter Captain’s Cabin: Once you enter the cabin, Markus will try to sow doubt in Connor’s mind, giving you one last chance to increase or decrease your software instability.
– Threaten Markus: Choose dialogue options that keep Connor focused on the mission.
Confront Markus: You’ll be faced with two vital choices.
– REMAIN A MACHINE: Choose this option when Markus tells Connor that it’s time to decide who he wants to be. This will have cross-chapter impact for the remainder of the game.
– BECOME DEVIANT: Choose this option when Markus tells Connor that it’s time to decide who he wants to be. In order to unlock this option, your software instability needs to be high - if it’s too low, this option will be unavailable and you’ll be forced to remain a machine regardless. This also has cross-chapter impact for the remainder of the game.
Captain’s Cabin with North: If Markus is dead by this point in the game, then Connor will face off against North instead.
– Enter Captain’s Cabin: In Markus’ place, North will try to make you doubt yourself, giving you one last chance to increase or decrease your software instability.
– Threaten North: Choose dialogue options that keep Connor focused on the mission.
– REMAIN A MACHINE: Choose this option when confronted with North. This will have cross-chapter impact for the remainder of the game.
– BECOME DEVIANT: Choose this option when confronted with North. In order to unlock this option, your software instability needs to be high - if it’s too low, this option will be unavailable and you’ll be forced to remain a machine regardless. This also has cross-chapter impact for the remainder of the game.
The choice of whether or not to become a deviant is vital. It will put Connor on a different path for the rest of the game.
PATH - REMAIN A MACHINE
Jericho is Under Attack: Tactical soldiers will finally turn up to take down Jericho.
– Markus Jumps Connor: If you chose to remain a machine, Connor and Markus will get into a scuffle before Markus flees.
– North Jumps Connor: If Markus is dead, Connor will scuffle with North instead.
IN THE SHIP
– Pursue Markus or North: This will happen automatically; the only variant is dependant upon whether Markus is still alive, but the scenario remains the same.
Cargo Hall/Stopped by Soldier - During the pursuit, you’ll be stopped by a solder - convince him that you’re on his side.
– Perkins Alibi: Choose PERKINS EXCUSE.
– Attempt to Persuade: Choose LIE.
– Attack: Successfully complete the button prompts to win.
– Neutralize Assailant: If you beat the soldier, you will be able to resume the pursuit.
– Fail to Neturalize Assailant: If you don’t beat the solider, the outcome is the same as the RUN.
– Run/Soldiers Shoot Connor: This choice gets you killed.
This results in Connor was Destroyed followed by CyberLife Sends a New Connor.
Resume Pursuit: This will occur differently depending on whether you are chasing Markus or North.
– Connor Interrupts and Markus Pushes Him Aside: For this part, you’ll actually have control of Markus when completing the button sequence.
– Fail to Reach Gun Before Markus: Connor was unable to pick up the gun in time.
– Markus Shoots Connor: The result of failing to pick up the gun. This means that Connor was Destroyed and CyberLife Sens a New Connor.
– Reach Gun Before Markus: If you fail the button sequence as Markus, then Connor will reach the gun before he does.
– Connor Shoots Markus: Resulting in Connor Killed Markus and Mission Accomplished.
Corridor Confrontation: If Markus is dead, you’ll be given a different path instead.
– Find Josh
– Spot North
– Made It
– North Escaped
– Shot by Soldier/Soldier Kills Connor
This results in Connor was Destroyed and CyberLife Sends a New Connor.
PATH - BECOME DEVIANT
Depending on who is alive, you’ll either Warn Markus or Warn North. From here, the majority of the choices and unlockable nodes on the flow chart share many of the same names. We’ve broken this section down into four branches/paths in an attempt to make it clearer.
Jericho is Under Attack - There are a lot of different outcomes to this node, once again depending on your choices.
BRANCH 1 - DEVIANT CONNOR IN CORRIDOR
– Join the Others
Try to Escape - For this branch, Markus must be dead.
– Out of Time: This can be accomplished by doing the usual stand around and do nothing approach, followed by North Jumps from the ship and Deviant Connor was Destroyed on the Ship, which causes a cross-chapter impact. As usual, CyberLife Will Send a New Connor.
– Made It: Successfully escape from the ship, resulting in Connor Jumps, Simon Jumps With Him, and North Jumps With Him. This accomplishes Connor Escaped with Jericho’s People.
BRANCH 2 - CONNOR TAKES OVER THE MISSION
The first few steps are pretty straightforward:
– Approach Hold
– Josh is Dying/Comfort Josh
– In the Hold with Deviant Connor
– In Control Room
Soldiers Interrupt: You’ll be attacked by the enemy with two possible options.
– Neutralize Them: You can choose Arm Explosive which has the possibility of joining on to two other paths (depending on if Markus is still alive). If Markus is alive, this path will join onto Connor Joins the Others. If Markus is dead, however, it will combine with Deviant Connor in Corridor.
– Fail: This simply results in Connor being killed, unlocking the usual Deviant Connor Was Destroyed on the Ship and CyberLife Sends a New Connor (which has a cross-chapter impact).
BRANCH 3 - DEVIANT CONNOR IN CORRIDOR
Sneak Past Soliders - As you attempt to sneak past them they will be threatening androids, opening up two options.
– Stay Away: Doing this will end with Androids are Executed.
– Intervene: Getting involved will allow you to Kill the Soldiers and let the Androids Escape death. There is also the chance for you to get shot, resulting in Connor’s death and CyberLife sending a new Connor. As usual, this causes a cross-chapter impact.
Next Corridor - As you reach the next section you’ll see the Soldiers Coming and be given another two options.
– Lose Too Much Time: Taking too long to do anything will result in Connor getting shot. As usual, this leads to him dying and CyberLife sending a new Connor.
– Jump Soldiers: You can Climb Beside Soldiers and then Enter a Well, where Androids are Chased by Soldiers. This links back to BRANCH 2 - CONNOR TAKES OVER THE MISSION as you approach the hold where you can fight them off.
You can either allow the androids to get shot, or you can use the resevoir to knock out the soldiers and save them.
BRANCH 4 - DEVIANT CONNOR IN CORRIDOR
In the corridor, you can Join Deviants and Make for the Hold.
– Meet Lucy: When you meet her, the Bridge Collapses and then you can link back to BRANCH 3 above.
– Connor Goes the Wrong Way: This will result in Out of Time and Connor will be destroyed after a Soldier Shoots Connor and is then replaced by a new Connor (cross-chapter impact).
Connor Joins the Others - For this, Markus should still be alive.
– If you successfully Help Markus, then Connor will jump from the ship with everyone else, resulting in Connor Escaped with Jericho.
– If you Fail to help Markus, then Connor will be destroyed on the ship, resulting in CyberLife sending a new Connor with the usual cross-chapter impact later.
And that concludes Connor’s journey through Jericho.