You’ve cleared the game and unlocked the Paladin difficulty eh? Good news is, it’s not as hard as you may perhaps think… Regardless of this, the following tips should ensure anyone have an easy enough time clearing the game’s final challenge and secure their 110% on every level.
- Collect all the gems before starting - It goes without saying that if you don’t grab all the gems on your play through, and start on Paladin anyway, then you’re only robbing yourself of the assistance gained from more health and magic.
- Collect all the weapon upgrades - Return to the previous levels and mop up the upgrades. Playing with 25 daggers, ten fairies, and 10 Holy Water vials will see you in a far better position than without.
- Upgrade - Make sure you grab some of the ultimate upgrades; the ultimate light attack can devastate most bosses and ensure you gain a lot of life back, while the Shadow Flames are a must for anyone as it can quickly wipe out a substantial chunk of most bosses health.
- Learn attack patterns - Sure it’s a simply tip, but fighting bosses a few times will easily highlight weaknesses and elements you can exploit, as outlined in their respective guides.
- Don’t try for trials - Sure, you can do Trials at Paladin if you want, but some will just cause you a headache. Focus on finishing the level.
- Remember your training - Fight at whip’s length, move quickly.
- Use aerials - Playing Paladin means you are fully upgraded from the offset, use this to your advantage by using Gabriel’s double uppercuts and pulling enemies into the air, using juggles for easy kills.
- Use Fairies - The most valuable sub weapon, fairies ability to distract will see you effortlessly through numerous encounters.
- Be Patient - Some sections may take a while but focus, and try, try, try again. Areas will come with a little time if you let them.