Countdown Mode is an extra feature in Resident Evil Revelations 2. It consists of playing through the campaign with a timer. There are hourglasses scattered through the episodes that adds 60 seconds to your timer. Each enemy you kill gives you extra time as well. This mode grants you a Trophy each time you finish an Episode, which is nice but it really is hard. Before giving it a try, read the following points:
- Play through the campaign and know your way around each episode. The enemies are in the same positions as in **Normal** difficulty. Learn the positions of the enemies and the short routes around.
- The equipment and inventory are given to you by default. There are no Part Boxes in Invisible Mode so there's no way to use the workbench. You're not able to see if your weapons have any parts equipped either.
- There are no collectibles. Kafka Drawings, Insect Larvae and Tower Emblems are gone in this mode, as well as in Invisible Mode.
- You can either knife the hourglasses or shoot them down. The former is the best way but if you're not passing anywhere nearby the hourglass, the latter will save you some time.
There are 2 types of hourglasses:
- **Blue** : these add 60 seconds to the timer.
- **Orange** : these reset your timer to 3 minutes.
This mode is a bit easier than Invisible Mode, but your worse enemy is time. You don't have the time to doubt yourself. Here's a couple general tips for this mode:
- You **DON'T** have to kill all the enemies. If you can run past them better. Remember that when an animation happens when you open a door this means the enemies won't follow you so make sure you know which ones do for your tactical advantage.
- Despite the fact that enemies give you extra time if you kill them, it's not worth it **UNLESS** you have a bunch of them together and kill them all with a bottle while you keep doing your thing. Otherwise try to evade enemies as much as possible.
- Item recollection. Unlike Invisible Mode in which you can take your time to collect items, you don't have that luxury here. Since you'll be evading combat as much as possible you won't be needing as much ammo and whatnot but if you feel you can spare a couple seconds to go break a couple crates, by all means do so.
That's just a couple tips for you guys. Make sure to read the next couple sections with tips of the hard areas of each episode and the locations of the hourglasses, both for Barry and Claire.