Rise of the Tomb Raider has five achievements/trophies that are awarded upon completing various Skill Tree character development and crafting tasks. The majority of these are fairly self-explanatory and easy enough to unlock, but will take time to complete due to the need to harvest plenty of reagents for your crafting endeavours and to earn enough XP to completely unlock one of the three Skill Trees.
Here’s a list of said achievements/trophies and how to accomplish each:
Description: Fully upgrade one weapon.
In order to unlock this achievement, you’ll need to purchase each and every upgrade available for one of your weapons. Upgrades can be purchased when at a Base Camp from the ‘Weapons’ menu and each weapon has an array of upgrades available. Each upgrade can be applied by finding and investing various amounts of resources. Unfortunately, whilst this seems easy enough, you’ll only be able to acquire tier one upgrades from the start.
There are four tiers of weapon upgrades available for most weapons and to unlock the additional upgrades, you’ll need to find the three Enhancement Tools hidden away in various locations throughout the game, each of which will unlock an additional tier of upgrades. They can be found in the following locations:
- **Refinement Tool –** Soviet Installation - Can be purchased from the Supply for 175 Byzantine Coins.
- **Crafting Tool –** Abandoned Mine – In a Strongbox during the second enemy encounter, just before you use the rope launcher to cross the chasm and reach the large door.
- **Enhancement Tool –** The Acropolis – After destroying and crawling past the first gate, clear the area of Trinity forces. You’ll find this item in a Strongbox on the left hand side of the room.
Although you’ll need to find the above pieces of gear to upgrade all of your weapons, the Pickaxe only ever has three tiers of upgrades. As such, this will be the easiest to upgrade to the max and the quickest to earn the achievement/trophy on.
Fully upgrade one weapon
Description: Craft 5 pieces of Equipment.
Lara is able to craft additional equipment from the ‘Equipment’ menu at a Base Camp. Equipment in this regard usually refers to additional pouches to increase carrying capacity of various types of ammunition and reagents and is generally handy to visit frequently. As you progress through the game, you’ll unlock additional pieces of equipment which can then be crafted if Lara has the required reagents on hand. Crafting five of these items will earn you the achievement/trophy.
Craft 5 pieces of Equipment
Description: Craft 25 of each special arrow type (Fire, Grenade, Poison).
As Lara progresses through the game, she’ll gradually unlock the three types of specialty arrows – Poison Arrows, Fire Arrows and Grenade Arrows. Lara is able to craft these either in the ‘real’ world by holding down the RB button or via the ‘Equipment’ section of the Base Camp menu if she has the required reagents. To unlock the achievement/trophy, you’ll simply need to craft 25 of each type of special arrow.
Craft 25 of each special arrow type (Fire, Grenade, Poison)
Description: Purchase all items from the Supply Shack.
You’ll come across the Soviet Installation Supply Shack just before reaching the Gulag area on your first visit to the Soviet Installation. The Supply Shack has numerous weapons, upgrades and outfits for purchase in order to enhance your experience. You’ll need to purchase the items with Byzantine Coins and that means you’ll need to do a fair bit of exploring of areas that often contain them including: Caves, Crypts and Challenge Tombs. The upgrades available include:
- **Refinement Tool** (175 Coins) – Unlocks an additional tier of weapon upgrades.
- **Commando Outfit** (50 Coins) – Black tank top outfit, cosmetic change only.
- **Rifle Laser Sight** (25 Coins) – Red dot laser sight that increases accuracy. Automatically applied to all rifles.
- **Rifle Grenade Launcher** (120 Coins) – Under-barrel grenade launcher that fires explosive rounds. Automatically applied to all rifles.
- **Rope Ascender (** 30 Coins) – Allows rapid traversal up ropes. Press ‘X' to activate when on rope lines.
- **Pistol Suppressor** (25 Coins) – universal pistol suppressor that quiets shots and keeps enemies from becoming alerted when fires. Automatically applied to all pistols.
In order to unlock the achievement/trophy, you are required to buy every single item from the Supply Shack. Fortunately, if you follow the walkthrough above, you’ll have plenty of **Byzantine Coins** and enough to purchase everything before the end of the game.
Purchase all items from the Supply Shack
Description: Purchase all skills in one category.
There are three Skill Trees available to Lara in Rise of the Tomb Raider – ‘Brawler’, ‘Hunter’ and ‘Survivor’ and each of them features different skill sets. Once you have earned enough XP, Lara will gain a new Skill Point which can then be invested to unlock one of the items in a Skill Tree. Investing points in Skills will unlock new abilities, XP boosts, passive armour bonuses and other ability enhancements to make the game a little easier.
In order to unlock this achievement/trophy, you’ll have to spend enough Skill Points to purchase every Skill available within a single Skill Tree. As long as you find as many collectibles as possible and be a little sneaky, you should have more than enough points to almost max out two and a half Skill Trees by the end of the game and will get this achievement/trophy in the process.
Self Improvement Junkie
Purchase all skills in one category